View Larger Map
Home * Geography * History * European Union * News * Tributes
It’s got 2 be Austria..
Local Time:

ELECTRICITY: 220 V / 50 Hz


Austria is a member of the Schengen Agreement. EU, EEA and Swiss citizens, as well as non-EU citizens who are visa-exempt (e.g. New Zealanders and Australians), need only produce a passport which is valid for the entirety of their stay in Austria.

Tap water is of exceptional quality and safe to drink in Austria, especially in northern parts.

Shops are generally open from 8AM to 7PM on weekdays and Saturday from 8AM to 6PM and closed on Sundays except for gas station shops (expensive), shops at railway stations and restaurants.

visitors will be delighted by the many large malls, small souvenir shops and splendid shopping streets across Austria. Go bargain hunting at one of the many colourful markets, stroll along an upscale shopping street, or indulge in some serious shopping at 1000m above sea level.

Banking Hours (General): Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 8am to 12:30pm & 1:30pm to 3pm Thursday:  8am to 12:30pm & 1:30pm to 5:30pm
ATM's are widely used in Austria and are called "Bankomat". You will find outdoor venues at most branches of Austrian banks. Please check with your local bank if your bank card is equipped with the necessary codes.
Credit cards, although accepted in hotels, major restaurants and stores, are less used for purchases in small shops, cafes, or grocery stores. We recommend to check before.

Tips are not compulsory although it is expected throughout all restaurants in Austria. Rounding up the price given on the bill is usually enough tip.

A traveler might bring with him/her only five pet animals. For each dog, cat, and ferret, the owner must bring with him/her both a health certificate signed by a veterinary and a veterinary passport (certifying valid anti-rabies vaccination):
The health certificate to be filled out in block letters either in the language of the EU country of entry or in English and shown to a border control agent when entering the European Union.
The certificate must be accompanied by supporting documentation, or a certified copy of it, including vaccination details (rabbies vaccinatinon has to be done at least 21 days prior departure). This documentation must bear the identification details of the animal concerned. Pet animals living in the US need not undergo a neutralizing antibody titration.
The certificate is valid for movements within the EU for a period of four months from the date of issue or until the date of expiry of the vaccination, whichever is earlier.
Each dog, cat and ferret must bear either an electronic identification system (transponder) or a clearly readable tattoo.

Police - Emergency 133, Fire - Emergency 122, Ambulance - Emergency 144




Links About Us Contact
Web Design & Development - Istopolis | Copyright 2023 all rights reserved